TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to Head of Operations, Regulatory and QA
- Technician working with mice.
- Facilitate coordination of research services in conjunction with animal care.
- Perform administration of experimental compounds (oral gavage, injection, etc…)
- Conduct clinical observations of laboratory mice for data collection purposes during experimental studies.
- Perform blood sample collections from various sites.
- Label tissue collection tubes and QA labelling prior to nxxxxxxy.
- Perform euxxxxxxxa, nxxxxxxy, weighing and in situ photography during nxxxxxxy.
- Properly store and process tissue and serum samples after nxxxxxxy.
- Weigh mice and perform routine visual health and welfare checks.
- Administer special diets as required.
- Perform other research manipulations as identified
- Attend training sessions to meet proficiency standards
- Record collected data into forms or spreadsheets; assist in data analysis as applicable
- Attend study coordination meetings with management, laboratory staff, and vivarium staff, and participate in lab meetings
- Associate or bachelor degree in field related to Animal Health, or Medical laboratory science, or Bachelor’s Degree in a biological science with previous research laboratory experience that included animal handling or tissue handling
- Previous nxxxxxxy experience and CITI or equivalent animal handling coursework documentation is required
- Ability to function independently as well as a team member in a team setting
- This position requires considerable use of arms and legs and activities such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials which at times weigh as much as 50 lbs or more.
- Must be able to perform in an environment with exposure to animals, animal dander, animal byproducts and bedding materials for prolonged periods of time
- RLAT or LAT is an asset
- Degree in Veterinary Technology or Certification in Histotechnology is an asset